So when are the best times to post on social media? It depends on the social network you’re asking about because people use them differently. You also need to consider how your audience interacts with a platform. And last but not least, there are regions and time zones to consider.
Here are some good rules of thumb to get started:
Best Times to Post on Facebook
Facebook is both a mobile and desktop app, and people use it both at home and at work. Its use depends on the audience.
- For every day of the week, the average best time to post is between 1 and 4 PM, when click-through rates are at their highest.
- On Saturday and Sunday, 12 to 1 PM is the best time slot.
- Monday through Friday, prime time is Wednesday at 3 PM as well as Thursday and Friday between 1 to 4 PM.
- Don’t post before 8 AM and after 8 PM on weekends.
Best Times to Post on Twitter
People use Twitter on mobile devices and desktops, at work and at home. However, people like to read it during down times like breaks, commutes, etc.
- Peak time is at 5 PM (to go along with the evening commute), but anytime between 12 and 3 PM is also a great time to post.
- People seem to use it more during the week than the weekend, but it might depend on the audience. Do some testing to see.
- If you want to capitalize on retweets and click-throughs, shoot for noon, 3 PM, and/or 5 to 6 PM.
Best Times to Post on Instagram
Instagram is mainly used on mobile devices, and it appears that many people interact with the app more after work than during the workday. And most use it every day.
- Most data shows that the best times to post pictures on Instagram are Monday and Thursday at any time other than 3-4 PM.
- If you want to post a video, do it between 9 PM and 8 AM on any day of the week.
Best Times to Post on Pinterest
The majority of Pinterest users are female, and roughly 25% are on it daily.
- One of the best times to post is on Saturday evenings, especially between 8 to 11 PM.
- Another time to try is on Fridays around 3 PM.
- Try to avoid commute times, because most users are not using downtime on commutes and at work to view the content.
Best Times to Post on LinkedIn
Because LinkedIn is mainly for professional purposes, most people who use it are on during the weekdays. And more than half of its users are on it less than once a week.
- Post during the middle of the week, between Tuesday and Thursday.
- For maximum click-through, post on those days during commute times, somewhere around 7:30 to 8:30 AM and 5 to 6 PM.
- Lunch hour is also a good idea, between 12 and 1 PM.
- Another slot to try is on Tuesdays between 10 and 11 AM.
So now that you have a better idea of what the best times to post on social media are, why not contact us at Smart to Finish to manage your social media needs? We have team members ready to help you manage your social media campaigns.