Did you know that you could add audio to your WordPress images? We had no idea until we stumbled upon this little gem of an article the other day talking about adding audio to images… Say what?! This feature gives users the option to play short audio clips on selected images while browsing your site. Cool huh?
Think of the possibilities! You could add short stories giving background information about the image, showcase a product or service, simply add music, create a how-to clip about a specific step in a procedure, really…we could go on all day.
So I’ll just start with how to get started…
How to Add Audio to Images Using WordPress Editor
If you use WordPress Editor, all you need to do is install and activate Audio Story Images. Once the plugin is activated, all you need to do is:
- Upload an image and audio file to your media library. (Make sure you are in LIST view, not GRID view).
- You should see a column for “Audio Story”. Click “Attach” next to any image you would like to add audio to. Select the audio track using the radio buttons on the popup and click “Select”.
- Insert image into page using normal “Add Media” button in the WordPress editor.
- Publish page and test!
How to Add Audio to Images Using Divi
The process is a little more complicated with Divi, but once you get the process down, it’s really not much different than the WordPress Editor process. Really, there’s one additional step. lol.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from WordPress Editor instructions above.
- Add a normal text module to the page and use the “Add Media” button to insert the image.
- Save the image module and update the page. You will not see the audio image in preview mode so you will need to publish to see it.
- Publish the page and test!
That’s it folks! We would really love to hear how you plan to use this cool new feature in the comments below. If you find yourself in need of a technical virtual assistant to help you with your WordPress website, shoot us an email, and we can help you figure it all out together.